So, next week I am graduating from high school!!!! I am so extremely pumped that I can hardly sleep at night. On that note, here is a quick update on what I will be doing after I graduate:
- Moving to Portland to live with my grandparents a week after I graduate. I am SO STOKED to be around the bike culture there, and fully immersed in all of cool young hip culture that Portland has to offer.
- Looking for a job in Portland that I will get to keep for the next year. Hopefully at an awesome local cafe or eatery where I can be surrounded by people who are into health and cooking like I am.
- Hopefully counseling at a running camp in late July on Whidbey Island.
- Attending the Woodstock Fruit Festival in August in New York (my father's graduation present to me). Over four hundred raw fruitarian vegans are going to this camp, and focus on exercise, lectures regarding health from numerous accredited gurus, and eating fully raw vegan.
- Starting Yoga Teacher Training in early September. It look super rigorous! The requirements are taking five yoga classes a week, attending yoga training school on both Saturday and Sunday for six hours, plus a butt-load of homework! This is a 200 hour course, where I get to teach beginning yoga classes after certification. The next step after that is the 500 hour course there I will then get to teach advanced classes!
- After I am certified, I really want to go to chef school at Le Cordon Bleu! Teaching yoga, and training to become a chef, how cool is that?!
As for now, that is my plan-- and I am OVERLY STOKED!
But anyway, who cares about that? You're here for chocolate. So it is chocolate you will get! Healthy superfood chocolate recipes, at least.
Chocolate Coconut Almond Clusters
- 1 bar of dark chocolate (85% or higher)
- Almonds (you will eyeball the amount)
- 2 Tbs Coconut butter (optional)
- Handful of coconut flakes
- 1-3 Tbs honey (or maple syrup)
- Pinch of salt
- Put chocolate bar in pot at a low medium heat so that the chocolate melts, but doesn't burn.
- Stir in honey, coconut butter, and salt-- making sure that everything is blended and melted together.
- Next, throw in a few handfuls of almonds and coconut flakes, and turn the mixture gently to make sure that the almonds and coconut get covered with chocolate. Make sure that the mixture isn't too viscous (liduidy) and not to dry, so that you get clean clusters when spooning onto plate.
- Take a large plate, and cover with aluminum foil or parchment paper. Spoon clusters onto plate and set in freezer until they harden!
- Serve with cherries, strawberries, and/or mint for guests at a party (I definitely will be for my grad party)!
***When making this recipe, I did not include coconut flakes-- but thought that they would be a lovely addition after the fact.
Raw Vegan Peanut Butter Cups
- 2 bananas
- 1/2 cup coconut butter (buy at your local natural foods store)
- Pinch of salt
- 4 Tbs cacao powder
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (or honey)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Peanut butter (you will eyeball the amount)
- Put all ingredients besides peanut butter in a bowl and blend. I find that a hand-immersion blender works the best.
- Take out a cupcake pan (you should use cupcake liners in the pan-- otherwise you have to cut out the individual peanut butter cups out of the pan).
- Fill liners (or bare pan) with a small layer of your chocolate batter. Then layer some peanut butter on top of that. For the last layer, put another small layer of chocolate batter.
- Another option is to fill cupcake liners 3/4 of the way with batter, then swirl in peanut butter (like I did in the picture below).
- Freeze for 30 minutes.
- Serve with strawberries, cherries, and/or mint!
Chocolate Superfood Smoothie
- A few handfuls of kale (or any green that you like)
- 3-4 tbs of cacao powder
- 1-2 bananas (for a creamy consistency)
- 1-2 Tbs chocolate protein powder (optional)
- 1-2 cups milk of your choice (I like almond milk)
- A few ice cubes
I hope that you enjoy these recipes! Just to let you know, cacao is PACKED with iron, antioxidants, and super healthy minerals to keep your endocrine system and blood working nicely!
Eat up! But don't forget the kale. ;)
Much love <3